It’s that time of year again, when artists unite for Christmas compilations and celebrate the festivities by spreading love and joy to every family. This year, some of Australia and New Zealand’s favourite stars have come together to create We Love Disney, an anthology of Disney’s best movie themes.
The album – a homage to many of the great classics of Disney – features songs from The Lion King all the way to Frozen, reimagined by some of the country’s most successful recording artists. There’s Fatai and Harrison Craig from The Voice AU, Dannii Minogue from The X Factor, pop hit makers Kimbra and Kate Miller-Heidke and country sister trio The McClymonts.
Crooner and daytime TV presenter David Campbell provides the album’s highlight with his incredibly groovy rendition of ‘Wan’Na Be Like You‘ from The Jungle Book which was recently re-recorded by Robbie Williams and Olly Murs for the Swing Both Ways album.
Each iconic track is given a modern makeover and is bound to please music and Disney fans alike!
We Love Disney track listing:
1. Fatai – Do You Want To Build A Snowman? (from Frozen)
2. Dannii Minogue – That’s How You Know (from Enchanted)
3. Kimbra – I’m Wishing (from Snow White)
4. Harrison Craig – Go The Distance (from Hercules)
5. Little Sea – Breaking Free (from High School Musical)
6. David Campbell – I Wan’Na Be Like You (from The Jungle Book)
7. Mustered Courage – Circle of Life (from The Lion King)
8. Anja Nissen – A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes (from Cinderella)
9. The McClymonts – Let It Go (from Frozen)
10. Titanium – You’ll Be In My Heart (from Tarzan)
11. Sol3 Mio – Beauty & the Beast (from Beauty & the Beast)
12. Kate Miller-Heidke – Baby Mine (from Dumbo)
We Love Disney will be out on Friday, November 14 through Universal Music Australia and Walt Disney Records.