As his Boys Gone Wild Tour with The John Steel Singers reaches a close, Jeremy Neale answered ten questions for us regarding his thoughts on Titanic, The Beatles-post-Beatles, and his mum’s favourite music. And what better way to do it than through song? Here are all ten of his video responses:
1. A song that will someday deliver world peace
Any Way You Want It – Journey
2. A song by your mum’s favourite band
Celine Dion – Because You Loved Me
3. Your favorite song with a girl’s name as the title
Victoria – The Kinks
4. A better song they could have used as the Titanic theme
Whoomp! (There It Is) – Tag Team
5. A song you love to hate and hate to love (but actually secretly love)
Dammit. This is tough. I can tell you the song I get the most flack for liking though.
David Guetta Feat. Rihanna – Who’s That Chick.
6. A song by the Beatle who had the best post-Beatles solo career. Or the worst. Up to you.
Jet – Paul McCartney & Wings
7. A song that everyone should know all the words to
Hey Jealousy – The Gin Blossoms
8. The best song from 2005
Switch – Will Smith
9. A song from the best Australian album of 2013
Fur Eyes – from Violent Soho’s Hungry Ghost
10. Best 80s love ballad ever
Against All Odds – Phil Collins
Jeremy Neale and The John Steel Singers will finish their tour tonight and tomorrow night at The Northcote Social Club. Tickets are still available at http://northcotesocialclub.com/.
Questions by Niamh Crosbie