Melbourne locals Lowtide are proudly waving the shoegaze revival flag. With new tracks, less members and label changes, these fellas refuse to stay put.
Their latest single ‘Alibi’ is a soulful, synthy number driven by dream pop rhythms and reflective lyrics. A song about the crumbling of a relationship, and a desperate bid to hang onto its tattered remains, the track is downbeat, emotional and heavily atmospheric. Bouncing between female and male vocals that sway between verses, this one will please the indie loving Slowdive worshippers, of which there are many.
The track comes in anticipation of upcoming album set for an early 2018 release, and in honour of the band’s new label, Rice is Nice.
You can catch Lowtide on their upcoming Melbourne shows, or in Europe next month. Dates below:
- 25 – Northcote Social Club, Melbourne Australia
- 30 – Hope and Ruin, Brighton
- 2 – End Of The Road Festival, Dorset
- 5 – The Islington, London
- 6 – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds *
- 9 – Paradiso Noord, Amsterdam *
- 10 – The Castle Hotel, Manchester
- 11 – The Greystones, Sheffield
- 12 – Broadcast, Glasgow
- 14 – Rough Trade East, London (instore)